For the curious, the name of this blog comes from something my Grandmother used to say.
I'd ask "Nanny, what's for supper?" and she would often reply, "oh I don't know, maybe fried farts and vinegar." It seemed like a pretty random and curious combination of things.
I hope this blog will live up to those standards...

Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Wii Fit....Not a game!


The Wii Fit is a ton of fun! We recently picked one up with the intention of losing a few pounds before our upcoming wedding.  If we continue to keep up our current work-out pace we'll be able to pull a sled full of our guest through 3 feet of snow to assure they arrive to our New Year's Day wedding.

This "game" is a serious work out tool. It presents exercises in a fun and engaging way that encourages you to challenge yourself to push just a little bit further. The Wii Fit board is one cool piece of tech that senses your weight and balance and it works in combination with the Wii Remote and Nunchuck to also track your motion and location. With exercise mini games ranging from boxing and snowboarding to yoga and hoola-hoop there is something for everyone.

We have worked out every day since we purchased it (now 7 days) and so far I am down 2lbs and every muscle in my body is aching. Perhaps video games finally are good for you! Let's see if I can get that 15 lbs off before Jan!


0 comments: