For the curious, the name of this blog comes from something my Grandmother used to say.
I'd ask "Nanny, what's for supper?" and she would often reply, "oh I don't know, maybe fried farts and vinegar." It seemed like a pretty random and curious combination of things.
I hope this blog will live up to those standards...

Wednesday, September 2, 2009

I should be too old for this...

I am excited about the news that Disney has bought Marvel! I have been a huge fan of both Walt Disney and Marvel Comics for as long as I can remember. I will never forget the excitement I used to feel when we would gather around the TV on Saturday mornings to watch Spiderman or Sunday evenings for Wonderful World of Disney. I wanted to be Spiderman and I wanted to live at Disney.

This past April I was fortunate enough to finally visit Disney World (and I still think I would like to live there). It was like stepping back in time and revisiting those wonderful memories. All the familiar characters were there.  They will now be joined by Spiderman, Iron-Man, the X-Men....I can't wait for my next visit!

It's been a long time coming, but my dream of Spiderman living at Disney seems to have happened....I wonder if there will be an attraction where I get to feel like I am swinging from rooftops?

4 comments:

Adam said...

I love that Disney is adding to their catalog of characters as well, and can't wait to see what they do with it. However, I doubt you'll see much of Marvel, other then merchandise, in the disney parks, at the very least not in orlando. Universal has a contract with Marvel, for exclusive theme park rights east of the mississippi. Iger, the head of Disney, has hinted that contracts will not be revoked that were made before the purchase.

Some good news though. There is a 3d Spiderman ride at Universal Studios. It is an amazing ride, and if you get to orlando again, you should see it. It's at the Universal studios Islands of Adventure park! :)

MamaC said...

So glad that Pete and I played a small part in your Disney trip! I still get the same feeling when I visit there, it never gets old :-)

Dale McKie said...

I was wondering what would happen with Universal deal. Thanks for the info Adam. It's hard to know what impact the Marvel characters will have at the theme parks in the near future...I was pleased with how well the other franchises have worked out; ie. The Muppets (also childhood favourites).

Mama C. You and Pete made the Disney trip work in so many ways! It was great to see everyone have such an awesome time! Plus having so much family happily together at the Villa was a huge bonus! Let's do it again!

Carla C said...

I second that motion... I guess I could keep you around for another trip ;-). xoxo