For the curious, the name of this blog comes from something my Grandmother used to say.
I'd ask "Nanny, what's for supper?" and she would often reply, "oh I don't know, maybe fried farts and vinegar." It seemed like a pretty random and curious combination of things.
I hope this blog will live up to those standards...

Wednesday, September 30, 2009

A Myriad of Fonts


I work with fonts everyday. Over the last 18 years I have seen and used thousands of fonts. I find it fascinating that our alphabet can be displayed in so many creative ways. I have had a few favourites over the years, but I really come to love Adobe's Myriad Pro font. It is simple, elegant and legible; all good qualities in a type face. It may be slightly overused, but I truly appreciate it's clean simple lines. It's a great sans serif font. Now if we are talking serif fonts, I would have to go with Century Old Style...a timeless classic!


What fonts do you love? Let me know....

0 comments: