For the curious, the name of this blog comes from something my Grandmother used to say.
I'd ask "Nanny, what's for supper?" and she would often reply, "oh I don't know, maybe fried farts and vinegar." It seemed like a pretty random and curious combination of things.
I hope this blog will live up to those standards...

Friday, September 11, 2009

Tweet Tweetly-Tweet

OK, I consider myself fairly tech-savy but I must be missing something about Twitter.

Everyone seems to love it. The tech industry seems to think it is a big deal. Tons of companies are quickly jumping on board the Twitter Wagon. However, as far as I can tell, it is just an app that does glorified status updates. Isn't it pretty much exactly like updating your status in facebook? What am I missing? What is so special about Twitter?

Help me to "get it".

5 comments:

MamaC said...

Although not as high-tech as you, I also don't "get it" so am hoping we'll both be enlightened!

Unknown said...

I too am stumped by the new "Twitter". I really don't get it & feel the same as you. Maybe we can start a group for non-tweeters or something!! LOL

Darryl said...

I have the same issue Dale

Dale McKie said...

How about a Facebook group for non-tweeters! If it was something that only young people were using and loving I would chalk it up to "I am getting old", but it seems that people of all ages are tweeting the praises of Twitter.

I still don't get it.

Darryl said...

Well,,I am getting old..LOL

Sully