For the curious, the name of this blog comes from something my Grandmother used to say.
I'd ask "Nanny, what's for supper?" and she would often reply, "oh I don't know, maybe fried farts and vinegar." It seemed like a pretty random and curious combination of things.
I hope this blog will live up to those standards...

Friday, April 9, 2010

Making the Band

Well it's been less than a month since my post about starting a band and a lot has happened since then.
Our first rehearsal is Monday night!

The line up as of now is:

Mimi O'Bryan - Vocals
Jason Condon - Guitar
Dale McKie - Guitar
Joe Pigeon - Bass
Liam Kearney - Drums

We're going to try our hand at rockin' some blues tunes. Jay and I got together last night and did a reworking of Dusty Springfield's Son a Preacher Man. Not to be immodest but I think this one really grooves! Can't wait to get the whole band on this one!

This is gonna be fun! I also think if anyone is interested I would like to try to document our progress...maybe I'll post some pics/video/mp3's or whatever. We'll get this first rehearsal out of the way and see how things go.

Next step...finalizing a band name!

1 comments:

Jason C said...

Really enjoyed practice last night. I thought it went quite well for a first time jam. And I agree.. preacher man does have a nice groove to it. And Mimi really kicked it outta the park.