For the curious, the name of this blog comes from something my Grandmother used to say.
I'd ask "Nanny, what's for supper?" and she would often reply, "oh I don't know, maybe fried farts and vinegar." It seemed like a pretty random and curious combination of things.
I hope this blog will live up to those standards...

Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Are you crazy?

Since about the middle of last month I have had a crazy idea stuck in my head. I have tried to let it go, tried to not think about it, tried to ignore it, but it's still there. Today I turned 37 and decided it was time to confront this crazy idea head-on.

I am obviously old enough to know better. Life experience, and friends and family would all tell me I probably shouldn't do this. I have had my share of self doubt...perhaps I am too old, perhaps I don't have the ability, perhaps it will just never get off the ground...but none of that is going to stop me from trying!

I want to start a band.

I am looking for other musicians who, like me, just want to have some fun, maybe play a few gigs on the weekends here and there. Anyway if you are interested in putting something together with this aging, mediocre guitarist, that has a firm love of classic rock and blues, let me know.

4 comments:

Bev said...

AWESOME DALE!! You go for it, I will be there front and center at your first gig!!
BTW.... 37 is not too old to start anything, I think we are just getting started by 40.

MamaC said...

You are ANYTHING but mediocre and I'll be right there with Bev and Carla rocking out! xo

Jason C said...

aHHa!.. Go for it Dale! This has always been my secret dream as well. But I think you already knew that.;)

Let me know how it goes!

Dale McKie said...

Hey Jay...how's it going so far ;-)