For the curious, the name of this blog comes from something my Grandmother used to say.
I'd ask "Nanny, what's for supper?" and she would often reply, "oh I don't know, maybe fried farts and vinegar." It seemed like a pretty random and curious combination of things.
I hope this blog will live up to those standards...

Tuesday, April 13, 2010

I Got A Few Bad Habits

Things are really coming together. First rehearsal was a smashing success as far as I am concerned. I couldn't be more pleased with this group. They brought a lot of talent to the room and I can't wait for the next rehearsal!

We made it through 5 songs last night. Four of those five are shaping up pretty well and one in particular is pretty polished already. Liam is rock solid on the drums and Joe is right there with him holding down the bottom end. Mimi really has the perfect blues voice and Jay was pulling off Albert King guitar licks at all the right spots. This band thing may not have been such a crazy idea after all...

Oh and we have a name. We are Bad Habits.

I have a sample of Son of a Preacher Man from our first run through, but I will get everyone's permission before I post it.

0 comments: