For the curious, the name of this blog comes from something my Grandmother used to say.
I'd ask "Nanny, what's for supper?" and she would often reply, "oh I don't know, maybe fried farts and vinegar." It seemed like a pretty random and curious combination of things.
I hope this blog will live up to those standards...

Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Bowling For Bros.

This past weekend, I took part in the Big Brothers Big Sisters Bowl for Kids Sake event. I have been involved for several years now and it is always a great time and a wonderful fundraiser for the organization. I look forward to this event and this year it got me thinking about the time I spent as a big brother. It's been years now, but I often think about my little brother and wonder how he is doing.

Anyone who knows me well, knows that I am really very terrible at staying in touch with people. It doesn't mean I don't want to or I don't care about them or how they are doing; I am just bad at picking up the phone and calling/emailing/texting/facebooking etc. This was the case with my little brother. After I left Big Brothers Big Sisters, I did a terrible job of staying in touch. I feel bad about that. Aaron was a great kid and we had a lot of fun together. I should have been a better big brother to him, I hope he enjoyed the time we did spend together. I know I did.

In an effort to be better at staying in touch, I tracked him down on Facebook today and put in a friend request. Hopefully that will reconnect us as I would love to know how he is doing and what he is up to now.

If anyone reading this has a little free time and thinks they might be interested in becoming a Big Brother or Big Sister I recommend it.

I also want to put out a big THANK YOU to everyone who sponsored me this year!
In another effort to be better at staying in touch I'll call on you all again next year ;-)

0 comments: