For the curious, the name of this blog comes from something my Grandmother used to say.
I'd ask "Nanny, what's for supper?" and she would often reply, "oh I don't know, maybe fried farts and vinegar." It seemed like a pretty random and curious combination of things.
I hope this blog will live up to those standards...

Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Google It Up!

Google is putting PEI on the map! Literally.

The super cool Google StreetViews of PEI are now live. They drove around last summer in the crazy Google car and took full 360° photos of most of Prince Edward Island. I saw them as they drove through Charlottetown and lo and behold they even captured my motorcycle parked outside work!

This is very cool technology, and I have used it on my iPhone in several times while travelling. It is wonderful to finally see PEI getting added. It's also a little creepy. If you head up University Ave. just in front of Robin's Donuts you can see the MeterMaid (I know he's a guy but I like to call him the MeterMaid) writing up a ticket for some poor unfortunate soul who is trying to shop in downtown. I wonder what else got captured on cam as they drove around? Let me know if you find anything crazy/funny/interesting.

3 comments:

Bev said...

This is so cool! I love it. I like how they captured your bike on a nice sunny day.

Mandy said...

nothing crazy, but see my house (no one home).. and at my work, my car is not there, so I must have been out sick LOL

James said...

Right across from my house at Atlantic Baptist Home there is an ambulance there for a pick up.