For the curious, the name of this blog comes from something my Grandmother used to say.
I'd ask "Nanny, what's for supper?" and she would often reply, "oh I don't know, maybe fried farts and vinegar." It seemed like a pretty random and curious combination of things.
I hope this blog will live up to those standards...

Monday, February 8, 2010

Olympic Fever Vaccine

There must have been a flu shot clinic some time in the past where they were offering vaccination against Olympic Fever and I somehow signed up for it. Either that or perhaps I am just a bad Canadian. At least that's how it feels.

It's becoming difficult to find a product or service that isn't somehow pimping itself with an Olympic tie-in. Add to that the unending stream of Olympic advertisements and the fact that my co-worker told me she has turned her house into an Olympic village, and I am starting to feel like perhaps I am missing something. I don't have one ounce of interest in the Olympics. Don't get me wrong, I respect the hard work and determination that these athletes dedicate to their chosen sports and I certainly feel a tinge of pride when I hear that Canada wins a gold medal, but overall I just see the Olympics as "that 2 weeks where it becomes difficult to find anything to watch on TV other than sports."

Let me know if you share in my disinterest, or perhaps let me know why this is a fever I might want to catch. Please use the comments below.

0 comments: