For the curious, the name of this blog comes from something my Grandmother used to say.
I'd ask "Nanny, what's for supper?" and she would often reply, "oh I don't know, maybe fried farts and vinegar." It seemed like a pretty random and curious combination of things.
I hope this blog will live up to those standards...

Thursday, March 17, 2011

1 Year Ago Today

Well yes, it was my birthday...but if anyone remembers it was also the day that I posted on this blog that I would like to start a band.

Well here we are 1 year later and that band has been formed. Bad Habits have played a ton of shows, hosted a very successful fundraiser for Toys for Tots, took part in the CBC Turkey Drive, recorded a demo disk, had a single of that disk receive radio play, and we just broke the top 50 for blues bands in Canada on ReverbNation. We've made some wonderful friends in the blues community, met some fantastic people at our shows, and had more fun than should be legal! Those are a few of the highlights. Pretty crazy year!

I couldn't be more proud of the friends I call "my band". They totally rock in every sense of the word. I am honored to be surrounded by such talent. Now what do I want for this birthday wish? I'll have to think about that, I didn't realize that blogs made wishes come true.

Thanks so much to everyone who really did make last year's wish come true! Special thanks to my wonderful wife Carla who put up with this crazy schedule and life altering experience we call Bad Habits. You truly are the best!

0 comments: