For the curious, the name of this blog comes from something my Grandmother used to say.
I'd ask "Nanny, what's for supper?" and she would often reply, "oh I don't know, maybe fried farts and vinegar." It seemed like a pretty random and curious combination of things.
I hope this blog will live up to those standards...

Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Sounds like a bad idea...

I haven't had much time to blog lately and I miss it. I pretty much use this blog as a way to let ideas out of my head. It's a crazy place in there filled with tons of random ideas, by typing those ideas on these pages I sort of set them free and move on to other ideas...

This post is just to get rid of a random idea that popped into my head last night. I realized that are tons of things that just plain sound like bad ideas and yet they are fairly successful. I am not saying that these things are bad ideas...they just sound like bad ideas especially when heard out of context.

You be the judge.

  1. Recycled Toilet Paper (...but I know where it's been!)
  2. Hot Pockets (ouch!)
  3. Polar Bear Swim (don't feed the bears!)
  4. Fast-acting Laxatives (best to take these while already on the toilet perhaps?)
  5. Ant Farms (our cattle farmers can't make a go of it, but someone farms ants?)
  6. Permanent Ink (this one speaks for itself)
  7. Light Beer (all the beer with less of the goodness)
  8. Income Tax (this seems like an oxymoron as well as a bad idea)
  9. Self Serve Gas (because we don't trust the gas attendant?)
  10. Powdered Milk (yuck, do you eat it with a spoon?)
  11. Liquid Paper (I poured a sheet out but it just doesn't seem to go through the printer well)
  12. Angry Whopper (I think the original was mean enough)
  13. Head Cheese (what the hell!!!)
  14. Decaf Coffee (see light beer, similar idea...)
  15. Pre-arranged Funeral (it just sounds wrong, kinda like a suicide note)
  16. Divided Highway (they seem easier to drive on when they are in one piece)
  17. Solar Powered Lights (umm if the sun is shining...)
  18. Baby Oil (corn oil from corn, peanut oil from peanuts, I'm just sayin'...)
  19. Garbage Collection (I've seen stamp collections, coin collections and card collections...)
  20. Computer Dating Service (I know some geeks who are practically married to their computer! I wonder if they met through one of these?)
That is all for now...feel free to add more in the comments!

1 comments:

Bev said...

Ha Ha Ha....... thanks for the laugh!!!